We’re excited to announce that the J.A. Walters Family YMCA will reopen our facility on Monday, May 18th! Thank you for your patience and support during the last two months.
Please be assured that your safety is our number one priority. We have put careful thought and planning into our reopening. Just like many businesses in our community, we are thoughtfully and carefully reopening in phases. We have followed guidance from the CDC, local health agencies and state government to update our policies, practices and procedures to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene and make appropriate accommodations for social distancing so that every person who walks through our doors can stay safe and protected while getting back to what matters most: your health, your family and friends, and your community. Please continue to visit our website for frequent updates.
When you come back to the Y, this is what you can expect during Phase 1 (which begins 5/18/2020):
- Temporary reduction of hours of operation:
Monday – Friday: 6:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Adult use only (currently, minors not permitted, unless they are enrolled in our summer day camp program which begins 5/26/2020)
- Programs available at this time: Health/Wellness floor & individual bathrooms
- Areas/programs currently unavailable: Group exercise classes, guest passes, basketball gymnasium, chapel, café, aquatics area, vending machines, locker rooms and Child Watch
- On your first visit back, there will be a new liability waiver you must acknowledge and sign
- Members will enter through the main entry, but will exit through the side doors on the west side of the facility
- Daily health screenings for everyone prior to entering our facility
- Limited capacity in each area available for use & time limits enforced as needed
- Social distancing strictly enforced
- Continuous cleaning by staff
- Cleaning supplies available for members to wipe down equipment prior to and after each use
- Equipment in use is spaced for social distancing
- Members encouraged to conduct workouts and exit facility without delay
- We understand that there may be some financial hardships for families. We are here to assist you if you need it through our Financial Assistance Application online
We hope that you and your family have stayed healthy and safe during this time. If you are experiencing symptoms of illness or you are uncomfortable coming to our facility, please stay home. We are excited to see you next week!