This is Y of the USA YMCA Lifeguard Certification course is an intensive 3 day course led by certified lifeguard instructors. This class provides hands on experience that prepares students for equipment-based rescues for aquatic environments, accident prevention, and decision-making skills. Training in lifesaving skills such as life guarding and CPR present opportunities for youth to take on greater responsibility for themselves and others.
This YMCA Lifeguard Training Program is a single, integrated curriculum that successfully trains lifeguards through proven training methods and state-of-the-art lifeguard rescue skills. The course includes lifeguard rescue skills, First Aid, CPR for Professional Rescuers, Emergency Oxygen Support and Automated External Defibrillation.
Contact Lindsey Alexander for more information at [email protected]
• YMCA Lifeguard V6 Certification
• ASHI CPR Pro for the Professional Rescuer (CPR Pro), includes adults, children, and infants
• ASHI Basic First Aid
• ASHI Emergency Oxygen Administration
• ASHI Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
There are currently no upcoming sessions. Check back later!
• Minimum age of 16 by the last day of the scheduled course. Those under the age of 18 must have parental consent to participate in the course.
• Pass the Physical Competency Swim Test
• Complete online courses assigned on the first day of class as well as 100% in-class participation.
• You will learn valuable life-saving skills from the national organization that sets the standard for safe and effective lifeguarding.
• You will receive study materials and flowcharts prior to the start of the class.
• Your Lifeguard Certification allows you to apply for lifeguard jobs as a fully certified lifeguard.
• You can become a lifeguard in under a week!
• Bathing Suit
• Food for Lunch/Snack