The Georgia Mountains YMCA will connect and engage people to enhance lives and build community collaboration.
Areas of Impact:
- Health – we will reach out to all people to help them grow healthier in spirit, mind and body
- Families – we will strengthen the relationships between children and their parents and other adults who care for them
- Relationships – we will foster social interaction and caring
- Bridge Building – we will bring diverse individuals, groups, organizations, and communities together for sharing and mutual support
- Servant Leadership – we will challenge individuals to work to improve their community and all of North Georgia.
To put Christian principles into practice through programs, services and relationships that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
The YMCA is committed to putting Christian principles into practice. YMCA programs, activities and relationships teach and model Christian values in order to strengthen kids, families and communities. Caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith are core values evident in all that we do.
We are a private, not-for-profit, membership organization that serves the Hall County community. We seek to broaden an individual's involvement, first from participant to member and later to volunteer, donor and advocate.
YMCA programs are developmental in nature, helping people grow in spirit, mind and body, while recognizing the benefits of recreational time and pursuits.
We seek to be fairly priced, affordable to all, and perceived as a good value. Charitable and earned revenue together provide the necessary resources to accomplish our mission. A generous and easily accessible financial assistance program keeps our programs and facilities open to all.
The organization's planning and administrative functions are centrally coordinated while program delivery is decentralized.