As with all YMCA leagues, YMCA eSports will encourage and promote healthy kids, families, and communities by placing a priority on involvement, healthy competition rather than rivalry, the value of participation over winning, team-building as well as individual development, a positive self-image, and mutual respect for others.
YMCA Esports is the development of values through a progressive program stressing skill development, fun, physical fitness, and friendly competition. All youth have an opportunity to play and families are encouraged to participate. Additional benefits include:
- Improved hand-eye coordination
- Improved attention & visual acuity
- Improved basic visual processing and executive function.
- Problem-solving & strategy skill development
- 71% of parents report gaming having net positive effects for children.
- Boosts self-confidence and player socialization.
- 54% of gamers say gaming helps them connect with friends.
Esports will be broken up into 6 week sessions and each session will host a different game. The last week of each session, a tournament will be held. Practices will be held twice a week with one practice focused on competing.
Fortnite Ages 12-17
Multiversus Ages 8-11